Cottage Grove Place places a high priority on our commitment to the health and safety of our residents and staff. Our infection control measures have been enhanced to address COVID-19 and we will continue this enforcement for the foreseeable future. The community follows the guidelines and recommendations of the CDC, the Iowa State Health Department, and the Linn County Health Department to keep our residents and staff safe. As the Coronavirus remains a threat, we will continue our current quarantine policies until further notice.
Cottage Grove will continue:
- To increase the frequency of cleaning and sanitization of common community areas
- Suspending all visitors, unless it is a critical situation or essential worker
- Canceling on-site group social events and recreational activities
- To strongly recommending that residents not leave the community
- Maintaining social distancing
- Monitoring staff temperatures at the start and end of their shifts
- Providing door to door meal deliveries to Independent Living residents
- Serving meals in the health center in resident rooms
- Daily wellness checks on each resident
Nationwide shortages of testing materials and personal protective equipment (PPE) continue to be a reality. For the protection of our residents, as well as the protection of others, we are asking our residents to wear masks whenever they leave their apartments. If they are unable to get a mask, they can contact the front desk for a reusable cloth mask that has been donated by individuals in the community.
We are strongly encouraging all of our residents to follow the CDC’s guidelines for individuals at higher risk, which includes:
- Avoiding crowds and large social gatherings
- Regularly cleaning and disinfecting personal spaces
- Avoiding touching your face
- Regularly washing your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Staying in your home if you are showing flu-like symptoms or are sick with respiratory illness, including fever, and coughing
And to keep yourself busy:
- Enjoy a daily walk in the Commons Court
- Take a walk in the halls, while practicing social distancing
- Keep in touch with family and friends through Skype or FaceTime calls
- Enjoy that book you have always wanted to read
- Watch touchdown for daily specials, movies and chair exercise programs
- Activity kits are available….just ask our helpful staff
- Daily health and wellness check by staff
- Small group card games and happy hour
These are simple yet important steps that we should all be taking to protect ourselves and our community.
We encourage residents to keep in touch with their family and friends that they are unable to see at this time. If you would like to have a virtual visit with your loved one in the health center, Red Cedars Assisted Living or Connections Assisted Living Memory Care, please contact the community at 319-363-2420 and you will be directed to the appropriate person.
Should you have any questions regarding specific concerns, please contact the community at 319-363-2420 and ask for our Executive Director, Mark Bailey.