Full Time | Added 17 days agoApply Online Today
Responsible for planning and executing activity program for Health Center, Assisted Living and Assisted Living Memory Care levels of care.
The Activities Coordinator develops and administers a comprehensive activity program to meet the needs of residents residing in the Health Center, Gardens, Assisted Living and Assisted Living Memory Care levels of care. Responsible for administering a well-rounded program schedule in the areas of fitness, learning, creativity, spirituality and social.
- Design and develop recreation and leisure program based on individual needs and resident interest. Motivate residents to interact, learn and participate in community activities.
- Coordinate and provide recreation activities: current events, discussion groups, re-motivation therapy, exercise, sensory stimulation, cultural activities, religious services, special entertainment, art and cooking groups, trips, special events and one-on-one visits as indicated.
- Suggest a program of recreation activities to relatives for use with discharged residents; refers relatives to recreation resources and services available in the community.
- Assess and document residents' abilities and needs, and record resident participation. Prepare monthly quality of care/service reports.
- Coordinate Resident Council and assist with Family Council meetings. Arrange special meetings for residents and families to address special interests and provide educational opportunities.
- Coordinate publication of the Community newsletter and calendars according to community branding standards on a monthly basis.
- Attend in-service training and education sessions, as assigned.
- Contributes to a positive, healthy and safe work environment.
- Minimum Associate's degree with emphasis in therapeutic recreation or related field.
- Minimum two (2) years' experience in geriatrics, and/or disabled populations.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to interact with residents, staff and guests with tact and professionalism.
- Willingness to work flexible hours.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree with emphasis on therapeutic recreation or related field.
- Certification for activity coordinators through an approved institution.
Full Time offerings include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Medical and Dependent Flexible Spending Accounts, Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, 403(b) Retirement Plan, Holiday Pay, Vacation Time, Sick Time, Personal Time, Education Assistance, Employee Assistance Program, and Mount Mercy University Corporate Educational Partnership.
Full Time | 8:00AM - 5:00PM
Fill out the form below and a member of our Careers team will get back to you.
* Represents required fields
< Back to All Jobs
Full Time or Part Time
Assisted Living CMA/OMT
Provide medication administration and direct resident care to assisted living and memory care
Added 18 days ago
Responsible for routine maintenance and repair to the community buildings, equipment and
Added 16 days ago
Full Time or Part Time
Provide medication administration and direct resident care to skilled and long-term care residents
Added 15 days ago