Full Time | Added 5 days agoApply Online Today
Responsible for the overall coordination of food preparation, cooking and baking activities, dietary standards, the quality and nutritional value of foods prepared and maintaining a positive, courteous work environment for staff and residents.
Supervisory Responsibility: Responsible for the overall supervision of kitchen staff.
- Supervises kitchen personnel on all shifts, staffing, scheduling, counseling, orientation, and evaluation of kitchen staff. Selects, trains, evaluates and recommends/carries out discipline to all kitchen personnel.
- Develops menus and assures implementation of these menus. Maintains a high quality food service program for the resident and Health Center dining rooms.
- Ensures that Dining Services department meets all standards in accordance with State and Federal Health Survey process. Ensures Dining Services personnel are trained in and carry out efforts in this process.
- Assures staff education is provided to kitchen employees in accordance with the staff education program. Provides on-the-job training for food preparation and kitchen employees.
- Ensures all policies and procedures are followed in accordance with safe work practices, including but not limited to, SDS information, infection control, universal precautions, and the Disaster Plan Manual.
- Develops work assignments for all kitchen personnel, assigning special jobs and spot checking work to insure standards are met.
- Promotes team work within the department and between department to ensure smooth operations and quality service to resident, co-workers and guests.
- Supervises production, sanitation and food service to apartment residents. Ensures that all food production, storage and service areas are maintained in accordance with all local, federal and state regulations.
- Maintains essential records including menus served, number of meals served, requisitions for raw food products plus other appropriate reports, schedules, studies, etc.
- Responsible for vendor selection, maintaining vendor relationships, inventory controls and maintaining minimum/maximum par levels.
- Monitors temperature of meals.
- Assists in the development and implementation of standardized recipes and menu specifications.
- Responsible for cost control measures.
- Attend monthly In-Service meetings.
- Contributes to a positive, healthy and safe work environment.
- Post-secondary courses in restaurant management, nutrition or related field.
- Currently Serve-Safe certified.
- Minimum degree or certification from a Culinary Institute.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an Executive Chef or Sous Chef in hotel, restaurant, club or other similar institution.
Full Time offerings include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Medical and Dependent Flexible Spending Accounts, Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, 403(b) Retirement Plan, Holiday Pay, Vacation Time, Sick Time, Personal Time, Education Assistance, Employee Assistance Program, and Mount Mercy University Corporate Educational Partnership.
Full Time | 11:00AM - 7:00PM
Fill out the form below and a member of our Careers team will get back to you.
* Represents required fields
< Back to All Jobs
Full Time or Part Time
Great opportunity for high school or college
Added 2 days ago
Responsible for routine maintenance and repair to the community buildings, equipment and
Added 2 days ago
Administer medications and treatments according to the skilled and long-term care residents' plan
Added 2 days ago