The Activity Coordinator develops and administers a comprehensive activity program to meet the needs of residents residing in the Health Center, Gardens, Assisted Living, and Assisted Living Memory Care levels of care. Responsible for administering a well-rounded program schedule in the areas of fitness, learning, creativity, spiritual and social.
Supervisory Responsibility: Train, supervise, and provide feedback on tasks performed by Activities Assistant and volunteers.
Design and develop recreation and leisure program based on individual needs and resident interest. Motivate residents to interact, learn and participate in community activities.
Coordinate and provide recreation activities: current events, discussion groups, re-motivation therapy, exercise, sensory stimulation, cultural activities, religious services, special entertainment, art and cooking groups, trips, special events, and one-on-one visits as indicated.
Contributes to a positive, healthy and safe work environment.
Assesses and documents residents’ abilities and needs, and records resident participation. Prepares monthly quality of care/service reports.
Suggests a program of recreation activities to relatives for use with discharged residents; refers relatives to recreation resources and services available in the community.
Attend monthly Care Associate and In-Service meetings.
Coordinate Resident Council and assist with Family Council meetings.
- Minimum Associate’s degree with emphasis in therapeutic recreation or related field.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in geriatrics, and/or disabled populations.
- Must be trustworthy, responsible and dependable.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to deal with residents, staff and guests with tact and professionalism.
- Willingness to work flexible hours.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in therapeutic recreation or related field.
- Certification for activity coordinators through an approved institution.
Full Time offerings includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD, LTD, Medical and Dependent Flexible Spending Accounts, 403(b), Holiday Pay, Vacation Time, Sick Time, Personal Time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and Mount Mercy University Corporate Educational Partnership.
Full Time | 1st shift
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.