- Ability to work with sensitive/confidential material.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in health care and geriatric care.
- Currently CPR certified.
Physical Requirements/Work Conditions
- Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time for up to 90% of the work day.
- Demonstrate physical dexterity in moving, bending, stooping and pulling for up to 90% of the work day.
- Able to move promptly, especially in emergency situations.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to fifty-one (51) pounds and assist in moving resident.
- Must be able to transport residents via wheelchair or shower chair, pushing up to 150 pounds, unassisted.
- Must be able to transfer, lift, turn and position a resident weighing up to 125 pounds, unassisted, or with the assistance of one for a resident weighing over 125 pounds.
- Resident-lifting tasks, the maximum recommended weight limit is thirty-five (35) pounds, but even less when the task is performed under less than ideal circumstances.
- Must be able to wear protective gloves to guard against exposure to body fluids and cleaning agents.
- Must be able to distinguish appropriate body fluids and food temperatures.
- May be subject to offensive odors and combative behavior.
- Requires manual coordination to operate computer and other business equipment such as fax machine, phone, copier and touchscreen monitor.
- Normal vision and hearing required.
- Must be able to function efficiently despite distractions and interruptions.
- Communicates orally and/or in writing with residents, coworkers, families and public.
- Possible contact with needles and other sharp objects.
Full Time offerings includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life STD, LTD, Medical and Dependent Flexible Spending Accounts, 403(b), Holiday Pay, Vacation Time, Sick Time, Personal Time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and Mount Mercy University Corporate Educational Partnership.
Full Time | 1st shift, 2nd shift and 3rd shift
Part Time | 1st shift
We endorse the policy of fairness and equality for employment and career advancement of all people, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age or disability.