- Post-secondary courses in restaurant management, nutrition or related field.
- Currently Serve-Safe certified.
- Minimum degree or certification from a Culinary Institute.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an Executive Chef or Sous Chef in hotel, restaurant, club or other similar institution.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time for up to 90% of the workday.
- Demonstrate physical dexterity in moving, bending, stooping and pulling as job permits.
- Frequently exposed to heat, steam, fire and noise from kitchen equipment such as an oven, stove, dishwasher, slicer, coffee machine, steamer, mixer and chef’s knives.
- May work in awkward positions.
- Must be able to lift and carry fifty (50) pounds or less occasionally.
- Must be able to function efficiently despite distractions and interruptions.
- Communicates orally and/or in writing with residents, coworkers, families and public.
Full Time offerings includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life STD, LTD, Medical and Dependent Flexible Spending Accounts, 403(b), Holiday Pay, Vacation Time, Sick Time, Personal Time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and Mount Mercy University Corporate Educational Partnership.
Full Time | 2nd Shift
We endorse the policy of fairness and equality for employment and career advancement of all people, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age or disability.