- Minimum of one (1) year experience in basic maintenance.
- Able to read basic electrical, mechanical and structural blueprints.
- Can operate two-way radio, hand tools, basic power tools and other equipment, as required.
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Trade school experience.
- Basic knowledge of refrigeration, boiler operation, electrical distribution, steam utilization equipment, air handling units, compressors, generators, as well as other mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems.
- Knowledge of existing building codes and related safety codes.
- Welding experience helpful.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time for up to 90% of the work day.
- Demonstrate physical dexterity in moving, bending, stooping and pulling as job permits.
- May work in awkward positions.
- Must be able to lift and carry seventy-five (75) to 100 pounds occasionally.
- Encounter strong liquids such as solvents, paints, water treatment chemicals, acids or irritating dusts and possibly sewer gas and carbon monoxide.
- May be subject to offensive odors and combative behavior.
- Normal vision and hearing required.
- Must be able to function efficiently despite distractions and interruptions.
- Communicates orally and/or in writing with residents, coworkers, families and public.
Full Time | 1st shift; rotating on-call schedule
We endorse the policy of fairness and equality for employment and career advancement of all people, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age or disability.