We are seeking Part Time and Full Time Maintenance Worker. Shifts do include weekends on a rotating schedule.
The Maintenance Worker provides routine maintenance and repair to the facility’s buildings, equipment and grounds. Insures a good work flow and coordinates maintenance and repair activities with functions of other departments. This positions functions under the supervision of the Director of Environmental Services. Resident satisfaction and meeting resident’s needs is a very important aspect of this position.
Performs basic maintenance duties and repairs.
Works with and maintains a good working relationship with all outside vendors.
Participates in emergency drills and acts as a member of the Emergency Response Team.
Performs painting and refurbishing projects, as directed by supervisor.
Performs minor building and equipment repairs and maintains all tools, equipment and supplies in proper condition.
Assists, during winter, with snow removal efforts.
Observes all outdoor grounds for unsafe conditions and implements corrective action.
Attend in-service training and education sessions, as assigned to maintain continued employment.
Contributes to a positive, health and safe work environment.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in basic maintenance.
- Can operate two-way radio, hand tools, basic power tools and other equipment, as required.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background screen.
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Trade school experience.
- Basic knowledge of refrigeration, boiler operation, electrical distribution, steam utilization equipment, air handling units, compressors, generators, as well as other mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems.
- Knowledge of existing building codes and related safety codes.
Full Time offerings includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD, LTD, Medical and Dependent Flexible Spending Accounts, Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, 403(b), Holiday Pay, Vacation Time, Sick Time, Personal Time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and Mount Mercy University Corporate Educational Partnership.
Full Time | Varied schedule
Part Time | Varied schedule
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.