Cottage Grove Place is searching for supportive Oral Medication Technicians (OMT) for our Health Center.
Full Time Openings:
- 1st Shift (6:00am – 2:00pm)
- 1st Shift (6:00am – 2:00pm) Weekend Package
- 3rd Shift (10:00pm – 6:00am)
The Oral Medication Technician assists with the administration of medications under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse. Assists licensed nursing staff by performing routine nursing duties and activities of daily living. Working in accordance with established policies and procedures and under the direction of the licensed nurse and Director of Nursing, this person is responsible for providing direct resident cares and maintaining a clean, safe environment for residents and self.
Safely prepares, administers and charts oral, topical and suppository drugs.
- Follow Resident plan of care under supervision and direction of a RN/LPN.
Keep charge nurse informed of all relevant resident information through close observation.
Attend monthly Care Associate and In-Service meetings.
Contributes to a positive, healthy and safe work environment.
Checks and prepares each dose immediately preceding administration.
- Certified as an Oral Medication Technician (OMT) or Certified Medical Aide (CMA)
- Completion of Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Program.
- Currently registered on the State of Iowa Nurse Aide Registry.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background screen.
- Ability to work with sensitive/confidential material.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in health care and geriatric care.
- Currently CPR certified.
Full-Time | 1st shift, 3rd shift
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.