Oral Medication Technician (OMT)
New Expansion is Open! This includes 18 Assisted Living Memory Care apartments.
Cottage Grove Place is searching for supportive Oral Medication Technicians (OMT) for our new Connections wing, working with residents in the early- to mid-stages of memory loss, requiring some assistance with ADLs.
We are looking for Full Time and Part Time position on all shifts:
- 1st Shift (6:00am – 2:00pm)
- 2nd Shift (2:00pm – 10:00pm)
The Oral Medication Technician assists with the administration of medications under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse. Assists licensed nursing staff by performing routine nursing duties and activities of daily living. Working in accordance with established policies and procedures and under the direction of the licensed nurse and Assisted Living Manager, this person is responsible for providing direct resident cares and maintaining a clean, safe environment for residents and self.
Safely prepares, administers and charts oral, topical and suppository drugs.
Checks and prepares each dose immediately preceding administration.
- Follow Resident plan of care under supervision and direction of a RN/LPN.
Keep charge nurse informed of all relevant resident information through close observation.
Attend monthly Care Associate and In-Service meetings.
Contributes to a positive, healthy and safe work environment.
- Certified as an Oral Medication Technician (OMT) or Certified Medication Aide (CMA).
- Completion of Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Program.
- Currently registered on the State of Iowa Nurse Aide Registry.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background screen.
- Ability to work with sensitive/confidential material.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in health care and geriatric care.
- Minimum one (1) year experience working with residents with Dementia or Alzheimer’s Disease.
- Currently CPR certified.
Full Time offerings includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD, LTD, Medical and Dependent Flexible Spending Accounts, Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, 403(b), Holiday Pay, Vacation Time, Sick Time, Personal Time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and Mount Mercy University Corporate Educational Partnership.
Full-Time | 1st shift, 2nd shift
Part-Time | 1st shift, 2nd shift
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.