Residents Have Spoken: Cottage Grove Is Their Happy Place
Category News & Blog | Time | Published August 25, 2023
Cottage Grove Place independent living residents are “able to live the best life possible” and “can’t imagine being anywhere else,” according to a recent satisfaction study. With an overall fulfillment rating of 93%, older adults are happier than ever with their all-inclusive senior living experience in our vibrant community just minutes from downtown Cedar Rapids.
We’re always striving to make Cottage Grove a happy place for residents by putting resources and energy where it really counts. The satisfaction survey is administered every two years to help our team track senior living trends, find out what matters most to residents and identify opportunities for improvement.
The 93% resident satisfaction rating is based on the average of three categories:
- 90% of residents feel at home here.
- 95% of residents are very satisfied with Cottage Grove Place as a place to live, a 4% increase from the 2021 survey.
- 94% of residents would recommend Cottage Grove Place to friends and family, a 5% bump over 2021.
Sensight Surveys conducted the study in conjunction with Life Care Services, which provides management and support services to Cottage Grove Place. Of the 95 independent living residents who received the survey, 80 returned it for an 84% response rate. All responses were anonymous.
Survey results indicate residents love being at Cottage Grove Place for the sense of community and people who live and work there. In addition to answering standard questions, respondents added individual comments praising everything from engaging neighbors to helpful staff:
- “Everyone makes us feel like family. Always positive and helpful. They value our feelings and ideas.”
- “Privacy is respected, but if you want company, there are always folks to visit with.”
- “Residents are friendly. If you would like to talk or visit with someone you may easily strike up a conversation.”
Other resident feedback highlighted our community’s maintenance-free lifestyle and convenient location:
- “Everything is under one roof. Not necessary to go outside to get to other buildings or departments.”
- “Being able to get to appointments and urgent care without ever going outside or leaving the building.”
- “It’s just the perfect size for me–not too large. And in the snowy, cold weather, I don’t have to go outside to get to any of the buildings.”
But it’s the built-in levels of care offered at the only LifeCare® community in Cedar Rapids that really resonated with surveyed residents. Just a few of their comments:
- “I don’t have to worry about where I’ll be if my health fails. I’ll be taken care of here at Cottage Grove Place. My family doesn’t have to worry either.”
- “LifeCare mitigates the concerns surrounding future needs.”
- “There is great health care or help a phone call away.”
- “Expert care and resources are available when we need them for the rest of our lives.”
In looking at trends in senior living, Cottage Grove Place also ranked 6% higher than other Life Care Services (LCS) communities and 10% higher than non-LCS communities. Additionally, Cottage Grove Place earned a Resident Satisfaction Five-Star Award for achieving our high overall score and participation rate.
Experience Where Happiness Abounds
While we’re proud of these accomplishments and positive results, we’re also passionate about keeping the momentum going. Like retirement life itself, resident needs and expectations are ever evolving, so our team pays close attention to the goings on in the community. When it comes to making and keeping residents happy, we’re all in.
We invite you to join us for a delicious meal, meet our friendly staff and residents, explore our activities and services, and check out our spacious apartment-homes firsthand. Schedule a personal visit to experience Cottage Grove Place.
Featured Image: Piksel / Shutterstock
< Back to All News & Blog
June 23, 2021 • News & Blog
A Positive Aging Mindset May Slow the Aging Process
by Brad Breeding “Age is just a number.” “You’re only as old as you feel.” “Age is a state of mind.” Such clichés may seem
March 29, 2018 • News & Blog
When Is The Right Time For Assisted Living?
The decision to place a loved one in the care of another is undoubtedly one of the most difficult you’ll face. We’ve put together information
November 20, 2020 • News & Blog
Life Care Services Ranked Highest in Customer Satisfaction by J.D. Power
It’s a Proud Time to Live at Cottage Grove Place Our management company, Life Care Services®, An LCS® Company, ranked highest in customer