Food Service Manager
Full Time | Added 211 days agoApply Online Today
Responsible for overseeing health center food service activities and providing the level of supervision necessary to ensure the courteous and efficient service of quality and nutritious foods.
- Assists in the planning, scheduling, and supervising of health center dietary personnel.
- Assure quality nutritional services are provided to the residents on a daily basis.
- Supervise, interview, hire, train and develop food service personnel. Assists in assuring staff education is provided to dietary personnel in accordance with the staff education plan plus provides on the job training for health center dietary personnel.
- Assists in developing work assignments for all dietary personnel assigning specific jobs and spot-checking work to ensure standards are met.
- Assists in developing all menus for health center residents assessing preferences and nutritional needs.
- Assures that each resident’s nutritional adequacy is met.
- Develop, implement, and maintain an ongoing quality assurance program for the department.
- Maintains pertinent and appropriate records, reports, schedules, and studies as required by local, state and federal regulations and otherwise requested.
- Maintains individual diet information by transcribing information from the dietitian’s notes to the Full Count or Vision, menu and nourishment list when indicated.
- Review with dietician, administration, medical, nursing and resident/family in planning food service programs, activities, and goals for the resident.
- Coordinate food service activities with other related departments such as nursing, environmental services, activities, and social services.
- Interviews new admissions and documents food preferences on the approved form.
- Contacts the dietitian between scheduled visits if unplanned or special therapeutic diets are ordered.
- Assures that meal tallies are accurate daily.
- Must possess excellent oral, written, and organizational skills, while being a team player.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and sanitary food service department.
- Must be knowledgeable of food services safety practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations and guidelines governing food services functions in nursing care facilities.
- Minimum of five (3) years’ experience in a supervisory capacity in a hospital, nursing care facility, or other related medical facility.
- Certified as Dietary Manager and/or be a graduate of an accredited course in dietetic training approved by the American Dietetic Association
- Experience in cost control, food management and diet therapy required.
- Seventy-five percent (75%) of the workday is spent sitting, standing intermittently, and bending.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to fifty-one (51) pounds, periodically.
- Requires manual coordination to operate computer and other business equipment such as fax machine, phone, and photocopier.
- Requires continuous mental and visual attention to diversified operations.
- Must be able to function efficiently despite distractions and interruptions.
- Communicates orally and/or in writing with residents, coworkers, families and public.
Full Time offerings include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Medical and Dependent Flexible Spending Accounts, Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, 403(b) Retirement Plan, Holiday Pay, Vacation Time, Sick Time, Personal Time, Education Assistance, Employee Assistance Program, and Mount Mercy University Corporate Educational Partnership.
Full Time | 8:00am-4:30pm
Fill out the form below and a member of our Careers team will get back to you.
"*" indicates required fields
* Represents required fields
< Back to All Jobs
Full Time & Part Time
Administer medications and treatments according to the skilled and long-term care residents' plan
Added 212 days ago
Full Time or Part Time
Provide direct resident care to skilled and long-term care residents in relation to activities of
Added 212 days ago
Full Time or Part Time
Great opportunity for high school or college
Added 211 days ago